Wesley College Chapel
The Wesley College Old Boys Memorial Chapel was constructed in 1961 under the tenure of the Headmaster of the College, Mr Norman Roy Collins.
The Chapel is a South Perth landmark, recognised by its circular shape and its soaring central spire. The architect is Ross Chisholm, a 1948 Wesley College graduate, who won the contract in 1960 after Old Wesleyan architects were invited to submit a proposal. His plan for the Chapel combined innovative construction methods, contemporary design and obvious symbolism. Building began on 29 June 1960 and the foundation stone was laid on 13 August 1960 by the previous Headmaster, Dr J L Rossiter CBE. Dr Rossiter had governed the College throughout World War II and long campaigned for a memorial chapel, ultimately assisted by the Old Boys. Construction was completed during the 1960/61 Christmas school holidays and the chapel was dedicated on 19 February 1961 by Reverend Ralph Sutton.
The Chapel will kindly be putting on an organ recital featuring Angela Curry and Wesley College Organ Scholars each day at 12pm.
Saturday 12th November – 10am-2pm
Sunday 13th November – 10am-2pm
Corner of Coode and Angelo Streets, South Perth
Guided (no booking required)
Organ Recital featuring Angela Curry and Wesley College Organ Scholars
Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th at 12pm