WA ROWING CLUB
Sunday 11th November: 10am - 5pm
171 Riverside Drive, Perth, 6000
The home of the first established rowing club in Western Australia, the WA Rowing Club boatshed has been in continuous use since its construction in 1905.
Despite being condemned in the 1960s and again in the 1990s, the two-storey piled timber boatshed has been kept alive by club members and other volunteers. It was included in the State Register of Heritage Places in 2001. It is the only surviving building from the early 1900s on the Perth Swan River foreshore.
Today, the building remains in use by the WA Rowing Club and also hosts school rowing lessons, serves as a start point for swimming races and triathlons, is home to a café, and is a sought after venue for hire due to its prime location on the Swan River.
The WA Rowing Club was the venue for the announcement by the Heritage Minister Albert Jacob MLA of the successful recipients of the 2014-15 Heritage Grants Program.