Curtin University St Georges Terrace
Housed in the oldest stone building in the Perth central business district, Curtin University St Georges Terrace is a one-stop shop for Curtin in the Perth CBD, serving many purposes. Curtin has transformed the Old Perth Boys’ School into a hub for community and stakeholder engagement strengthening links with the University’s industry partners, connecting with city-based alumni and providing a central location for undergraduate and postgraduate course information to prospective students.
Constructed in 1854, the Old Perth Boys’ School was the first purpose-built public school in Perth. It has historic links to Curtin University through Perth Technical College and the Western Australian Institute of Technology (WAIT) which both occupied the premises at 139 St Georges Terrace.
There are currently two exhibitions on display within the building:
- The Curtin HIVE Historical Panoramas of Perth
- “The Future of Interiors: Projections of a Practice”, a video curated from third and fourth-year Curtin Interior Architecture student work.
Sunday 13th November – 10am-4pm
139 St. George's Terrace, Perth
Guided (no booking required)
Built 1854, Reopened 2016